COVID19 Assistance from United Way of Greater Dayton
The COVID-19 crisis has impacted all of us and, now more than ever, we need our community to stand in the gap for UWGDA, our partners and the people we serve on a daily basis. Below is some information to share on ways to get help or to give help.
If You Need Help
- HelpLink 211 operates 24/7/365 as a resource for anyone struggling to meet basic needs, financial obligations or looking for information on available health and human services.
- The Familywize prescription card is a free card providing an average of 45% savings on prescription drugs. You can download the card here.
- A helpful summary of the COVID-19 Relief Bill written by Lindsay Torrico, Director of Public Policy Advocacy for United Way Worldwide, is available here. https://www.unitedway.org/blog/6-things-to-know-about-the-just-passed-covid-19-relief-bill
To Give Help
- If you and/or your organization would like to make an immediate donation to UWGDA to help aid our mission of “Leading a United Community to Uplift Our Neighbors,” you can do so online at https://dayton-unitedway.org/donate. If you prefer, you can send a check to my attention at the address listed below. All donations of any amount are greatly appreciated.
- Healthy individuals interested in safe volunteer opportunities can find information at https://dayton-unitedway.org/volunteer.
- We have partnered with The Dayton Foundation to provide support to our nonprofit community partners. More information is available at https://www.daytonfoundation.org/ccgift.html?fund=COVID_19_Response_Fund_for_Greater_Dayton_1652 or on our homepage.
UWGDA will continue to help our region through this challenging time and beyond. In compliance with the “shelter in place” order by the state of Ohio, our office is closed and staff is working remotely for the foreseeable future.
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns. We have been through disasters and crisis before and united we will emerge, as we always have. Remember, we are all in this together. Thank you for your continued support and stay safe.